FBAA Membership Criteria
Finance Brokers Association of Australia
“The Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) is a national association representing finance and mortgage loan writers throughout Australia. It was formed in the belief that the establishment of measurable standards of proper professional practice in sourcing domestic and commercial funding was in the best interests of its customers/ consumers and vital to the integrity and future well being of the finance/mortgage broking industry.” (statement from FBAA website)
Evidence Required Provided
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815 or the equivalent)
- FBAA Compliance Fundamentals Training
- National Police Check (must not be more than 2 months old). Must be in your full, legal name.
- Credit Report (must not be more than 1 month old). Must be in your full, legal name.
- Completed Declaration Form (No Notifiable Matters) Note: Download the template from the FBAA website.
- Current professional resume.
- Confirmation of Mentoring Letter completed by the Mentor. Only required if you have LESS THAN 2 years’ experience. Download the template from the FBAA website.
- Four professional referees. (NOTE: all referees are contacted by FBAA staff. As a courtesy please advise your referees to expect a call.
- Driver’s lic or Australian passport
- Current AFCA certificate
- Current professional indemnity insurance (PI) Certificate of Currency.
- Australian Credit Licence (ACL) or Authorised Credit Representative Number (CRN). *Note: If you are not dealing in consumer lending and won’t be registered with ASIC, please provide a signed declaration of such. Please also list the type of business you are conducting.
- ASIC Extract – only required if the applicant is a company or if the AFCA certificate or PI policy is in a company name.
Fees for Accredited membership
Payment of the membership fee ($450.00) and application fee ($110.00).
1300 136 947