Do you want to Become a Mortgage or Finance Broker? Walker & Miller Training Services have been training mortgage and finance brokers since the early 1990’s and provide one of the few independent Mortgage Broker Certificate IV and Diploma courses in Australia designed to get you started as a Mortgage Broker.
FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking course is the starting point for becoming a broker or working in the mortgage & finance industry.
Whether you are new to the industry or need to become compliant under the ASIC and MFAA guidelines, both Certificate IV and Diploma in Finance and Mortgage Broking courses are designed to have you operating in the minimum possible time frame while gaining solid foundations in the mortgage industry.
Why Train with Walker and Miller:
- Flexible study options; work at your own pace.
- The course can be completed fully online or through distance learning with easy to follow materials.
- Face to face workshops are held monthly in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane where you will be guided through the course materials by industry experts.
- 3-day Cert IV face to face workshop consists of small groups for individualised attention.
- 2-day Diploma upgrade face to face workshop consists of small groups for individualised attention.
- An experienced lending professional may be eligible to achieve qualifications via our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program
- No prior experience required for the Certificate IV course.
- No exams; only open book multiple choice questions.
- Assessments based on practical experience.
- Exceptional ongoing support over the phone or via email
- Gain knowledge from experts currently working in the industry.
- Learn before you start!
How Do I Become A Mortgage Broker?
Mortgage and Finance broking can be one of the most rewarding careers available in Australia. The ability to work flexible hours and earn a substantial income are some of the benefits of the industry, especially when the entry requirements to become a broker are simpler than other industries that offer similar rewards.
- The first step in becoming a Mortgage Broker is to complete FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking. This course provides the basics of how to become a mortgage broker and is the required government and industry qualification.
- Once you have completed this course you can approach lenders and broking groups.
- Join the industry associations MFAA & FBAA to become accredited as a mortgage and finance broker.
How do I get an Australian Credit License (ACL)?
If you engage in credit activities, you will generally need to have an Australian credit licence (ACL) or become an authorised credit representative (ACR) of a licence holder. This includes anyone lending money, or any intermediary between the person lending the money and the person getting the money, which includes brokers.
If you’re just starting out in financial services, you cannot apply for an ACL with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). The reason is that you need at least two years finance experience as an authorised rep to be eligible to apply. This means you need to apply to become a credit representative instead.